Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Pinks Of Summer

While touring the garden today I noticed that there was more pinks blooming in my garden then I was aware of. We had been having some pretty warm weather, I say had because today was just perfect, in the low 80s with a cool breeze and the next few days look to be a repeat. I don't spend much time in the garden when it warms up so I hadn't notice how some plants had burst into bloom showing some beautiful pinks.
Lavatera shrub in my front garden
The bees have been busy in our garden, we have several different kinds of bees working all the flowers. I love watching the big black bumble bees that seem to come out in the evenings. I haven't captured a photo of them yet, but this little guy was very photogenic. 
Cone Flower with Honey Bee
Holly Hocks do not mind the heat and seem to need very little water. They are good at producing an abundance of seeds for the next season. Isn't this just a beautiful pink?
Pink Double Ruffle Holly Hocks
I had to get some cleaning done around the house today and as I walked in and out of the bedroom I kept noticing how the Rose of Sharon was peaking into the window. I had to stop and take a photo from the inside out. I love waking up in the morning to the sun shining in the window and these pretty pink flowers swaying in the breeze.
Double Rose Of Sharon Bush
Thanks you for visiting and taking a look at the pinks of my summer garden. I think it is so amazing that we can see and enjoy all these beautiful colors in our gardens... I take none of it for granted, I am so grateful ~ Happy Gardening ~ Jacque
I have joined up with Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Flora Thursdays, check it out for a lot of wonderful garden related post.

11 comments:

ANNE said...

So pretty - I love pink flowers, and I love your photos so I'm your newest follower!

Linda said...

Really marvelous shots!!

Unknown said...

I love holly hocks and waiting mine to bloom. They are so beautiful and there is so many different colors of them.
Greetings from Finland

Glimpses of Glory said...

Lost my comment..lol
Wow I love, love,love your Hollyhocks!
I so want those and I also love the way you took the photo of the Rose of Sharron from inside the house!
Thanks for visiting me!

glimpsesofglory-karen.blogspot.com/

Larry said...

I love pinks in the gardens... your are lovely! Larry

Diana LaMarre said...

Those Holly Hocks are beautiful. I love your pink garden.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I want to start a bed with old-fashioned cottage flowers and hollyhocks are at the top of the list. Yours are so lovely.

I also have a linky party and would love to have you join me with any - or all - of your blogs. The link goes up on Wednesday nights and stays up for five days. By the way, I just joined you as a follower. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Fishtail Cottage said...

I really need to find "Barnsley" lavatera for my garden. your's is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Fishtail Cottage's Garden party this week! xoxo, tracie

Donna Heber said...

Hi Jacque,

Your garden is gorgeous with those double ruffled pink hollyhocks. Beautiful pinks.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Very pretty...pink flowers are my favorite colors in the garden. I am especially fond of Hollyhocks. Thanks for sharing.(-:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Your Holly Hocks are beautiful! I love how tall and regal they grow.

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?