Thursday, July 7, 2011

Old Soul Studios Garden

My husband James and I own a business called Old Soul Studios, we specialize in metal art and vintage items with an emphases on garden. We work from a shop at our home and this is the garden around us.


We love to garden and enjoy a wild, creative environment. We let plants come up pretty much wherever they choose and our creations seem to just show up through out the garden in random ways. Nothing is planned and we like it that way.




We have learned that you can garden in just about anything, and  garden in anything we do... just have fun!




Our green house is mostly for our succulent collection, during the summer months here in California it gets too hot for anything else to be in there.








We love concrete and try to keep several birdbaths and water vessels throughout the garden for the birds, squirrels and other visiting critters... yesterday it was 106 degrees here so the water was welcomed by all.












This is my second time to participate in Cottage Flora Thursdays, I enjoyed having many new friends drop by last week and really enjoyed all the new blogs I visited. I hope you enjoyed the tour around the garden, it is a wonderful place to work and be inspired. As I toured more garden blogs today I found this ~ An Oregon Cottage Tuesday Garden Party and decided to join in there too!
If you would like to know more about Old Soul Studios you can visit our other blog Old Soul Studios or come like us on Face Book... thanks for dropping by and have a Happy Day! ~ Jacque

18 comments:

creekside rummager said...

Good Morning Jacque. Since I'm sitting in a 8th floor hotel room in San Fran this a.m., it was especially nice to visit your garden.

Marie said...

Very cool! I love the garden shades, so whimsical!
-Marie

Julie Marie said...

Good morning!... thank you so much for visiting my blog, as now I have found yours as well through Fishtail Cottage... your gardens are just beautiful! I just love all of your vintage elements mixed in everywhere, especially the little vintage dumptruck... I am going to make myself a cup of coffee then come back and look at your other blogs... so very lovely!... xoxo Julie Marie

Darla said...

I am lusting over every photo you have posted today!!!

myomyohi said...

I wish you weren't in California. I'd be checking out your shop. Looks fascinating.

Helen said...

Jacque, the garden is so inspiring. I love wandering through it via photos. How do you find the time to do this with all you are doing? Looking forward to seeing you Sunday under the freeway. Helen

poppilinnstudios said...

Love all the elements in your gardens-especially the bird baths.
-Lynn

Cottage Dome said...

Love all your garden accents.

Rebecca said...

I want a duplicate of everything!
Always have ♥'d your style -- always will!

Anna said...

Looks like you have created a fun environment where plants and art can flourish!!! Love the green of plants among rusty wire and cool colored metal!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Fabulous Share! So curious where you are located...would love to visit your shop & peek at all your salvaged garden decor! love the idea! Thanks for linking this post to Cottage Flora Thursday's! Hugs...tracie

Unknown said...

great garden ideas. Love your succulents. Crazy about any type of yard art. Hop on over and check my latest post out on succulents. Tiffany

Heirloom treasures said...

I too am enjoying touring others gardens through fishtail cottage. yours is so artistic,I particularly like the lampshade idea, I hope you don't mind if I copy. x

HolleyGarden said...

Enjoyed looking at your garden! I thought Texas was the only place that was so hot during the summer! lol Stay cool! Really like that rooster!

Diana LaMarre said...

I love rusty garden accents and you have some real treasures. What a fun post to read.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I love the layout of your garden and the inclusion of all the rusty elements in it. I have quite a few fun rusty pieces around my garden areas, too.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love the metal accents and vintage items in your garden. I just started one of my gardens last and am adding vintage items as I find them. I just became a follower.
Barb

Linda said...

I would love to browse through your Old Soul Studio. I'm off to visit that blog and see more.

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?