Thursday, October 2, 2008

October is Bliss!

Back from the beach and getting ready to enjoy all the best stuff about Fall.  My garden is in dire need of some TLC and a little face lift to boot.  The leaves are starting to fall and let me tell you I have leaves, I always tell my friends and family to check on me this time of year to make sure I didn't get barried, if you have a rake that needs breaking in I will be having a leaf raking party which will feature a big pot of my famous vegetarian Mexican Chilli! Details of said party will be announced, and by the looks of the rapid leaf movement SOON! I am busy getting ready for this month's events as noted in previous post and we have an abundance of new treasures,and you know you want some! We have to get winter veggies planted, some in the ground but most in containers.  We grow our salad mix in shallow enamel bowls and it does will, nice to be able to carry into the kitchen, clip what you want for your salad and wala! your done. Replanting my kitchen herb garden by the back door, it is a little spent after the hot summer and being in a container the herbs can get a little over grown.  Moving many of my succulents back into the greenhouse for the rainy season, you don't want them to get too much water they rot and can freeze if we drop temp too low. 
If you can try to make a trip to Apple Hill, Slough House Farms, or any Pumpkin Farms near by, not only will it support our local farmers but you'll have a fun time and get inspired to enjoy the best of the fall season.

No comments:

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?