Friday, February 5, 2010

minimal & peaceful

After the Christmas season and the decorations were put away the spaces in our home seemed naked yet very peaceful. I have yet to return or add new things to these spaces. I have enjoyed the peacefulness of a quite room. You see my decorating style has always been "more is better", I believe the results of owning a retail store for so many years, you handle so many wonderful things it is difficult to not want one of each! I know over time things will begin to return,                                               but for now after a busy 
day handling so much merchandise for our business it is nice to spend time in a peaceful space. The best part is I love to sing and play around with the guitar and the acoustics are great now that the rooms are more clear! Not sure the neighbors think that is great, but oh well the dogs like to howl along... These are just a few pictures in my home, very minimal & very peaceful (for the moment).

3 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Love your images, especially the vintage paintings. I like the simple look.

Sue said...

I always love ALL your stuff! You never let me down girl!
Take care, Sue

creekside rummager said...

Things do have a way of creeping back in don't they. I always love it while things can stay "less", although my less may be "more" to some people.

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?