Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Garden Friends

We love all God's critters and nothing brings our garden more to life then the birds and squirrels. This little guy was found enjoying a bucket full of peanuts! Yes we feed them little treats! The bucket has a pretty secure lid... but when we returned from a weekend at the beach, the lid was on the ground, the peanuts were almost gone and this little guy got caught! He had lots of help... they are everywhere! We have a creek not far from the house that attracts a lot of wild life to the area, word must have got out about the peanut people... that would be us. They destroy a few plants now and then but the joy we get from watching them play is worth it! 

6 comments:

Darla said...

I am going to agree to disagree on squirrels........fun to watch BUT a pain in the backside when the dig up my seedlings and eat our fruit....

Sue said...

I love watching squirrels, and that photo is great. My dog Sally, on the other hand, can't stand the squirrels. They make her crazy for some unknown reason. Oh wait, I forgot she is already crazy!
Take care, Sue

creekside rummager said...

You caught a really cute picture. Our dog, Kira, would agree with Sally in the previous post - squirrels drive her crazy - they are so fast and they can climb trees and she can't!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

OMGosh this is the cutest picture ever!!!!!!
Jack would love to see this one!!! LOL

Lisa said...

Oh goodness! What great squirrel portrait!

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?