Monday, April 13, 2009

A Crown of Flowers

One of our many cactus has developed a beautiful crown of flowers. I was never a cactus gardener until James introduced me to them. I thought they looked dry and prickly and really didn't see their beauty. I have been sold on the idea of growing a variety of cacti. They have a variety of fascinating shapes and the blooms are always a surprise. The color of the blooms and often the size can be a big surprise. They are so easy to care for and add a lot to landscape and container gardens. My garden is very park and cottage like so my cacti are mostly in containers. Give cactus a try if you haven't included them in your garden, you will be pleasantly surprised. Just be careful you don't back up into them...ouch! Happy gardening~Jacque

2 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I have a few cactus and I love succulents. In our area with the summer heat they do great!

Unknown said...

that is so pretty.......looks like a flower headband a little child might wear

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?