Sunday, March 1, 2009

Purple Heaven!

Hardenbergia has become one of my very favorite plants.  It is just beautiful! On several trips through the San Francisco area to get to the coast we would pass by walls of purple this time of year, the sides of the freeways were just bursting with color at a time when  flowers were very scarce. I usually equate plants that grow on the sides of roads to be hardy and the coverage from one season to the next was impressive. I had to have this plant in my yard.  Two years ago I planted a Hardenbergia next to my front entrance gate and arbor.  The arbor already holds a very large double white lady banks rose, which is full of buds already. I am hoping the Hardenbergia will still be blooming when the roses burst! The results of my planting have been successful, as you can see it is blooming this year and I am very happy! It is the first thing I see when I enter my garden.

No comments:

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?