Thursday, February 19, 2009

Purpose

The storms have past, they always do, everything has been washed, and the trees cleaned of their loose and unhealthy branches, everything is in perfect order.  The many squirrels and birds that are visiting my garden have all came back out of hiding and are busy enjoying the buffet I have provided, there is even signs of Spring (if you know what I mean ~censored). The  night of one of our storms I ventured out to the greenhouse to check on things, monitor a few small leaks.  I was very aware of the sound of the rain pounding on the roof, and the roar of the winds outside, yet it felt so safe, comfortable and right to me to be out there.  It wasn't the solitude, though that can be nice, it wasn't the many little creative projects I had twirling around in my head (they do that you know), it was the plants! I have always loved gardening, since I was a child and had my own little flower garden in my parents vast yard I have enjoyed the act of gardening. Even when I was a college student with nothing more then a window to garden in I still found a way to bring gardening into my life. The realization I came to that night in the greenhouse, wasn't anything new, just more complete.  The act of gardening is something you do, like a hobby or task that you enjoy. I found that night and the two days  following that gardening is more then that to me. It connects me back to something very important. I have often joked about the need to stick my hands in the dirt, I believe there is a truth there deeper then I ever thought. To find your purpose pay attention to the things that keep showing up, the things that speak to you and feel so right. I intend to spend more of my time with my hands in the dirt!
Digging in the dirt is good for the soul!

No comments:

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?