Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Cute Little Porch

The following pictures are of my front porch, it is a fun little space to decorate.  I usually try to keep it natural and an extension of my gardens.  There is a small table for dining which has came in handy lately since my dining table has become cluttered with sorting ornaments, I live by myself so I can do those sort of things and when James visits it can be romantic to serve dinner on the porch via candle light! I have a large collection of watering cans and a few have landed on the porch along with a few other garden finds. The ice skating sign was a gift from my talented friend Trish, I just love it!  It complements the several pairs of vintage ice skates that I have throughout my home during the winter months, I especially love the very small child size one's. They go nicely with my vintage sled collection which at this time includes 8, and that doesn't include the ones I have for sale! I have always  enjoyed the ski lodge look decorations and carried them in my stores, I once sold a pair of skates and some snowshoes to the actor who was the original "Batman" can't remember his name right now, he had a cabin in Colorado that was being decorated. I have actually sold several things over the years to interesting celebrity type people and was wondering if anyone else have fun stories about customers?(Of course being courteous to their privacy) Well that is it for now, we had a busy holidayish weekend a parade and two parties and so now back at it (whatever it is!) Hope everybody is having as much fun as I am!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Hi Jacque-Thanks for visiting my blog. I always love new visitors.

I just ran down and looked at all your posts. You have such a cute home and your decorations are wonderful. I enjoyed my visit much and look forward to visiting again.

Susie

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?