Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Decking the Halls!

I was wondering when I was going to get the motivation to decorate my own house and then I came back home yesterday and the sun was going down, the fog had started to settle in and the neighbors on all sides of me had installed their christmas lights, it was just BEAUTIFUL! The street was just lit up, it looked like they all talked and planned the look, I am usually all for uniqueness but the way they all complemented each other was so nice. The best part is my plans will just add to the look and even better I have been motivated to deck the halls!  James and I went and clipped some winter greenery and berries and I purchased a few nice live trees (2 for indoors & 2 for outdoors) I keep the ones indoors fresh by watering them by putting a bunch of ice cubes on the top of the pot so it slowly melts and waters complete and deep, do this about once a week and they stay nice and fresh, of course keep away from heat sources.  I have a very large rosemary bush that gets and needs trimming often, it is wonderful for making fresh rosemary wreaths, enough for me and some to give! I sold many of my pots of started paper whites but just enough were left behind for my own decorating.  I will take all these fresh natural decorations and add some of my favorite vintage finds and my own creations.  I like to create a base that can be left up and enjoyed all through the winter, when I take down the christmas items I still have a natural winter garden look that carries through until  Spring. I am off to decorate, I will try to take pictures to share later.....

1 comment:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Looks so much like a old fashion Christmas... So welcoming.... Love it.

Home

Home
little red house

Honey

Honey
James Enjoying The Lake!

ME

ME
Me Happy to Be!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

Nature, The Ocean, Colors, My Family, James, My Friends, My Pets,God, Music & Poetry, Creative People, Chocolate, Country Living Magazine, Antsy McClain, Dr, Wayne Dyer, Body & Soul Magazine,Gardening, Old Things, My Dreams, Rachel Ray, Morning, The Seasons, Seeds and the list will continue...Let me know what inspires you?